About my food
Bio Mikel Treviño de Luis Born in Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain, Mikel Trevino de Luis’s love for cooking, sports and nature, along with the values instilled by his family since childhood, all have had a significant influence in both his personal and professional life. aMona, his company, reflects a lifelong dream come true where he now develops sauces based on his travels and in memory of his beloved grandmother (aMona in Basque). aMona is also an event company, focused in small contemporary bites that explores different cuisines and techniques. He worked with the esteemed 3 Michelin-Star Chef Martin Berasategui and was his Sous chef at the Ritz Carlton in the Canary Islands. Other mentors were Tony Botella as well as Anthony Bonbaci (James Beard 2007 Nana Restaurant Dallas). Chef de Luis earned a degree from the Escuela de Hostelatge de Barcelona. Before moving to the U.S., Chef de Luis honed his skills with several certifications; one with Tony Botella in Sous Vide and another in New Technologies at San Pol University in Girona. Mikel obtained an MBA in Hospitality Management from the second most prestigious school in Spain, EADA School of Business. Chef de Luis also has collaborated with the Art Institute, Market Street food chain and In 2011 he won the TV show competition Chef Hunters from the Food Network. Mikel has furthered his experience as Chef the Cuisine at Tutka Bay Lodge Alaska, Executive Chef at Café Malaga Dallas, Executive Chef at Mercado on Kent New York, Chef de Cuisine at Soho House New York and Executive Chef position at My Moon restaurant in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Since February 2016 Chef De Luis has been focused in 2 new line of products and his event company.
- Parties, Get-Togethers and Romantic Dinners
- Corporate Events (Team-building)
- Cook for busy individuals/families (food for more days)
- Culinary training (cooking classes at client’s home)
- Chef consultancy (Build customized menus for dietary restrictions)
- Vegetarian/ Fruits/ Fresh
- Average price (per hour): $60
- Minimum price of service: $250
- Average price of cooking classes (per hour): $100
- Cancellation: Full refund 48 hours prior to arrival and 50% for less than 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Free of charge up to: 100 Miles
- I will refuse if the distance is greater than: 90 Miles
- For distances between 100 to 90 Miles: $150
- View Calendar